It’s clear that the Galaxy S3 made a solid impact on the Android
smartphone market, bringing a fresh look and an impressive set of
technical features. Since its launch, the XDA community has been working
hard to bring this ultimate experience to people who don’t own a S3, at
least from a software point of view. First, they ported Samsung’s
newest “home-made” interface, TouchWiz, on the Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 and
on the Galaxy Nexus and lately, on the Sony Xperia Arc (Arc S). Given
the fact that it has been proven that it works very well on the former
two devices, it could as well function on all Sony Android phones (not a
fact, yet!). Before you start downloading and installing it on your
device, please note that it will only operate on ROMs built based on the
ICS Android 4.0. And, we’re not sure it runs properly an all Ice Cream
Sandwich ROMs, so you’ll have to test it first. You still want it on
your Sony phone? Here’s how you can install it.
What you need to know and do before downloading and installing the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher on your Xperia Arc And Xperia Arc S:
- note that we will not be held responsible for any damage you might do to your device while and after you install this custom launcher. Please continue at your own risk!
- first, you need to install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- charge the battery to at least 50%, to be on the safe side.
- if you don’t already have a ICS based ROM, make sure you flash one before you continue this tutorial. Just so you know, it was tested on Elitemovil ICS ROM version 1.2, as per the developer’s indications.
How to install the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher on your Xperia Arc And Xperia Arc S:
- navigate here and download the zip file uploaded by the developer.
- connect your device to the PC and transfer the file you downloaded in step 1 to the internal SD memory.
- disconnect the Xperia, turn it off and boot into CWM. In order to do so, you have to press Volume UP + Home + Power at the same time.
- once in Clockworkmod recovery, you have to use the Volume UP and Volume DOWN keys to navigate through the menu.
- next, go for “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” and navigate to the file you transferred in step 2. The Galaxy S3 launcher will start to be installed on your device.
- once the installation process finishes, at the end, go back to the CWM main menu, choose “fix permissions” > “go back” >”restart system now”