One of the great features of HTC smartphones is Beats Audio™, and
many music enthusiasts have bought their devices because of this great
custom equalizer that improves sound quality, especially bass. It was a
HTC exclusivity but not anymore as the XDA community has managed to port
it to other brands. We’re going to teach you today how to download and
install Beats Audio on the Samsung Galaxy S I9000. The procedure is
really simple but in order to enjoy the great equalizer at its best you
need to have Gingerbread or a custom ICS ROM installed on your Galaxy S
because, according to the developer, it does not work properly on Froyo.
What you need to know and do before downloading and installing Beats Audio on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000:
- note that onebitzero.com will not be held responsible for any damage you might do to your device while and after you install Beats Audio on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Although the procedure is simple, please continue at your own risk!
- charge the battery of your Galaxy S I9000 to at least 50%.
- you need Clockworkmod recovery (CWM), so if you don’t have this feature installed on your device, you’ll find a tutorial here: Tutorial – How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Android [Link].
- Go to the XDA developers site and download the Beat Audio install kit from here [Link].
- Connect the Galaxy S I9000 to your computer via the USB cable.
- Copy the file you downloaded in step 1 to the internal SD memory of your device.
- Unplug the phone and shut it down. Boot in CWM recovery: press Volume UP – Home – Power and the handset will boot in ClockworkMod Recovery. If it boots in normal mode, retry the procedure until you land in CWM recovery mode.
- Navigate to and select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard”. Now you have to find the file you downloaded in step 3 and select it > “Yes” > “Install ****.zip”.
- Beats Audio will now be installed on your Galaxy S I9000.
- Once the it gets installed, you need to select “go back” option followed by “reboot system now”.